Coaching is Making an Impact Across Organizations
“Executive coaching has become the secret weapon for the development of high impact leadership in organizations and the edge for aspiring executives wanting to make themselves more marketable in the war for talent.”– National Post
“Teams rely on intense, collaborative work to accomplish a specific goal or task that could not be accomplished as well by an individual or a work group. An effective team increases the productivity, satisfaction, and growth of each of its team members, the team itself, and the rest of the organization.” John Katzenbach and Douglas Smith, The Wisdom of Teams
“Across corporate America, coaching sessions at many companies have become as routine for executives as budget forecasts and quota meetings.”
– Investor’s Business Daily
In addition, a company’s investment in providing coaching to its executives realized an average return on investment (ROI) of almost six times the cost of the coaching.
Among the benefits to executives who received coaching were improved:
- Working relationships with direct reports (reported by 77% of executives)
- Working relationships with immediate supervisors (71%)
- Teamwork (67%)
- Working relationships with peers (63%)
- Job satisfaction (61%)
- Conflict reduction (52%)
- Organizational commitment (44%)
- Working relationships with clients (37%)
What Is Coaching?
Professional coaches provide an ongoing partnership designed to help individuals produce extraordinary results in their professional lives. It is a collaborative process that helps people improve their performances and enhance the quality of their lives, careers and businesses.
Coaches are trained to listen, to observe and seek to elicit solutions and strategies from our clients. From a philosophy that each individual is creative, resourceful and whole, it’s the coach’s role to provide support to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that the client already has.
What are the benefits of coaching?
Individuals who engage in a coaching relationship can expect to experience fresh perspectives on personal challenges and opportunities, enhanced thinking and decision making skills, enhanced interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence in carrying out their chosen work and life roles. Consistent with a commitment to enhancing their personal effectiveness, they can also expect to see appreciable results in the areas of productivity, personal satisfaction with life and work, and the achievement of personally relevant goals.
Published by International Coach Federation
What are some reasons to work with a coach?
- To get more out of life or work.
- To communicate more effectively.
- To set and achieve goals more quickly.
- Be more focused and effective in the things you do
- Run your business rather than your business running you
- Clarify your vision, for inspiration and increased effectiveness.
- Have more success while living a balanced life
- Prioritize key components of your life.
- To move to the next level professionally
- To enhance your relationship
- Explore your creativity and individual gifts